Some Common Chronic Diseases
Cancer – Obesity – Arthritis – Stroke – Coronary Heart Disease – Auto-Immune Disease – ASD – Skin Diseases – Alzheimer’s - Migraines – Leaky Gut - Atherosclerosis
Chronic inflammation: Chronic inflammation is also referred to as slow, long-term inflammation lasting for prolonged periods of several months to years.
Chronic Oxidative stress: Oxidative stress occurs naturally and plays a role in the aging process. A large body of scientific evidence suggests that long-term oxidative stress contributes to the development of a range of chronic conditions. Such conditions include cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Obesity: excessive accumulation of body fat that presents a health risk.
High LDL-Cholesterol: Is when you have too much substance called Low Density Lipoprotein known as ‘bad cholesterol’ in your blood
Gut Dysbiosis: Is when the gut microbiota are imbalanced in terms of type, quantity and even location. Gut micro-biota plays an important role in human health.
Some General Causes of Chronic Diseases (To Be Edited)
ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS (Formaldehyde. Mercury. Lead. Asbestos. Hazardous/Toxic Air Pollutants. Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS). Pesticide Chemicals. Glyphosate. Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
LIFESTYLE HABITS ( Physical Inactivity – Lack of sleep - )
DIET (Processed Foods – Excessive alcohol - Tobacco – Excess Saturated Fats)
STRESS (Physical. Emotional…)
Alpha-Olenic Olive Oil® and Chronic Diseases
Bioavailability of antioxidants in Alpha-Olenic Olive Oil®
What is bioavailability? The measure of the amount of nutrients we eat like polyphenols (antioxidants) which reaches the blood and cells is called bioavailability. Not all of what we eat reaches our blood or cells which is where it is needed to benefit us. Much of it is passed through the body and excreted. So for example we can eat blueberries which are full of antioxidants but only a fraction of those antioxidants reach our blood and cells where they prevent oxidative damage. Bioavailability is very important when it comes to nutraceutical and medicinal foods.
What is the bioavailability of the antioxidants in Alpha-Olenic Olive Oil®?
The ORAC analysis on Alpha-Olenic 30 2020 Harvest shows the antioxidant power of the oil but now the bioavailability of those antioxidants; for that we perform the C.A.A. Analysis (Cellular Antioxidant Analysis) which measures 'cell-bioavailability' of the antioxidants in the oil. The results not only show that Cleanthi EVOO's ORAC score is 1900 µmol TE/100 ml which is very high compared with standard EVOO (around 400) but the results of the C.A.A. cell-bioavailability are off the charts. The cellular bioavailability of Cleanthi EVOO is shown to be higher than a Hydroxytyrosol antioxidant supplement. The C.A.A. is 774 µmol QE/100g whilst other EVOO are around 15. This is a breakthrough and it all stems from the 'Cleanthi Patented Process.
Alpha-Olenic Olive Oil is exceptionally high in natural bioactive phytochemicals. These bioactive compounds have antioxidant activity and ant inflammatory activity. Much modern research also suggest that these compounds may have the following activities:
- Apoptosis of cancerous cells
- Lowering of glycemic response
- Activation of Sirtuin Genes thereby encouraging weight loss
- Pre-biotic activity thereby improving micro-biota health
- Healing of micro-leasions in the gut loning thereby improving digestion
- Reduction of LDL ‘ bad cholesterol’ and increasing of HDL ‘good cholesterol’
- Ant inflammatory activity thereby improving inflammation related diseases
- Antioxidant activity thereby improving and preventing oxidative damage related diseases
- Healing of skin and burn wounds
- Anti-ageing properties
- Prevention of Overall Mortality
- Prevention of CVD, Coronary Heart Disease, and Myocardial Infarction
- Prevention of Diabetes or improved Glycaemic Control in existing Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Reduction in Overall Cancer Incidence
- Prevention of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Prevention of Mood Disorders
- Reversal of Fatty Liver Disease. Prevention of Overweight and Obesity
Other Means Of Preventing Chronic Diseases
- Avoid and prevent environmental toxin exposure. Wear protective clothing, limit time in polluted areas.
- Choose Healthier Lifestyle Habits Regular moderate exercise, regular and sufficient sleep, breathing exercises
- DIET include organic seasonal fruits and vegetables with sufficient vitamins, soluble fiber and phytochemicals. Avoid processed foods and excessive saturated fats and processed vegetable oils. Include Omega-3 fish oils in diet.